3 min read
January will see Blackpool’s Grand welcome an incredible 2020 new season.
The theatre has announced a diverse selection of productions from high quality drama and comedy, to outstanding dance and world class bagpipers.
Ruth Eastwood, Grand Theatre Chief Executive said: “One of the theatre’s aims for this season was to create a daringly different programme of events, something to surprise our local audiences. We wanted to search the UK and beyond to bring together shows that would not normally perform in Blackpool, if not for The Grand.”
One of the highlights for 2020 is the recent announcement of west end show, “Dirty Dancing, the Classic Story On Stage”, which is coming to Blackpool for the first time and will be on from the 4th to the 24 August.
Other key shows on this year at the Grand include:
- Willy Russell’s Educating Rita, starring Stephen Tomkinson and Jessica Johnson,
- John Willard’s The Cat and The Canary with star casting
- The return of the Russian State Ballet of Siberia with Sleeping Beauty, The Nutcracker, and Swan Lake.
- A Brilliant and creative new stage show based on the multi-award-winning novel and the Hollywood blockbuster Louis Sacher’s HOLES.
- Direct from the West End, the Olivier Award nominated smash hit The Tiger Who Came To Tea returns
- TV sensation Peppa Pig will appear at The Grand in the new stage show: Best Day Ever.
- A host of stand-up shows from TV comedians including Josh Widdicombe, Jack Dee and Ed Byrne.
- There will also be musical tributes to the greats this season including THE Bee Gees, Eagles, Roy Orbison, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, Cher and Bon Jovi.
Andrew Howard, Grand Theatre Head of Marketing said: “We have an absolutely fantastic line up of shows this year from dance, to comedy, family theatre and top West End drama. Even though it’s only January we’ve also already confirmed our panto for 2020, Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs, which should be a highlight for Christmas.
“This season will also see us host the first triple bill from the Royal Shakespeare Company, with performances of Measure For Measure, As You Like It and The Taming Of The Shrew. It’s going to be a packed line up this year!”
Additional new shows are continually added to the theatre’s programme, so ensure you visit their website regularly at blackpoolgrand.co.uk or call the box office on 01253 290190.
You can also keep up-to-date on what’s on in our 2020 New Season by following The Grand on Twitter (@Grand_Theatre) or Facebook (@blackpoolgrand).
Decoding Agatha Christie [Infographic]
What is Agatha Christie Best Known for? Agatha Christie is best known for her novels,…