Grand Theatre Trust seeks to refresh its membership
The Grand Theatre’s Trust Board is launching a process to find individuals with the skills to help preserve and develop the building for future generations and raise awareness of the importance of the Theatre to Blackpool’s heritage and in the national context.
In line with best practice, the Trust periodically reviews the skills and experiences it requires to maintain The Grand in excellent condition. Trust Chair, David Coupe, said, “We are inviting applications from people who are willing to give their time and expertise and who have an interest in theatre and our built heritage. “As well as the on-going work required to sensitively maintain and update our Grade II* listed building, we have the exciting prospect of a major capital development programme to extend and upgrade our facilities to ensure The Grand meets the needs of twenty-first century audiences. “We also anticipate being given responsibility for the Theatre’s extensive historical collections and archives. “Prospective candidates should be aware that, as the Trust is a charity, there is no remuneration for these positions.” The Trust is inviting applications from people with the following skills and experience:
- An experienced accountant to monitor the Trust’s financial systems.
- A chartered architect or chartered surveyor with experience of heritage buildings.
- An experienced building conservation specialist who understands the importance of the Grand Theatre to Blackpool’s heritage
- A theatre historian who can help us promote the national importance of The Grand as an outstanding Matcham designed Victorian theatre which every year continues to present the performing arts in all their diverse
- A local historian who can research and explain the significance of The Grand’s contribution to Blackpool’s unique history of entertainment.
- A lawyer able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of charity law
- A fundraiser of proven ability to oversee and guide the theatre in developing new initiatives.
- A person with substantial governance experience in the voluntary sector to be appointed as Vice Chair of the Theatre Trust
Existing Board members who are willing to continue as directors are at liberty to apply for the advertised positions.
Full details can be found in the information pack along with an application form that can be downloaded from www.blackpoolgrand.co.uk/about/jobs or by contacting Robert Kearton on 01253 290111; email email@example.com.