WE ARE A CHARITY – Blackpool’s Grand Theatre receives corporate and funding support from selected organisations locally and regionally. If you would like to support the Theatre you can in many ways, support our programming, creative learning, day-to-day running costs, customer comforts or capital projects.
Blackpool Grand Theatre (Arts & Entertainments) Limited
The purpose of the Charity is “to promote, maintain, improve, assist and advance public education, appreciation and understanding of the arts including the arts of design, drama, mime, dance, singing and music and, to formulate, prepare and establish schemes therefor”.
The charity aims to:
- Welcome new and existing audiences by presenting a programme that will inspire, challenge and entertain through its cultural and artistic diversity.
- Contribute to Blackpool’s vibrant cultural heritage through programming and by being a centre of excellence for the enjoyment of the performing arts.
- Enhance and conserve the integrity of the Grade II* listed Victorian theatre
- Ensure the long-term financial sustainability of the theatre
- Support the continued development of creativity and learning in the local and wider community
A number of strategies are employed to achieve these, from targeted discounting, to audio-described performances for the blind, plus BSL signed and captioned performances, to guided tours and partnership working with many and varied stakeholders
To support The Grand in the above aims by raising free donations each time you shop online, please go to www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/blackpoolgrand
Blackpool Grand Theatre Trust Limited
As a theatre conservation charity, the board of trustees is continuously mindful of the need to preserve, maintain and improve the beautiful and historic Grand Theatre.
The theatre, which the Trust owns, is one of the few remaining operational venues designed by Victorian architect, Frank Matcham. It is Grade II* listed and an important heritage asset, not just for the town of Blackpool, but for the nation as a whole.
To support the Trust in preserving the Theatre for future generations by raising free donations each time you shop online, please go to giveasyoulive.com/join/blackpoolgrandtheatretrustlimited
The Grand Theatre, Blackpool operates as two distinct Charitable Trusts:
Blackpool Grand Theatre Trust Ltd
Reg. in England and Wales No 1323495, Reg. Charity No. 506601
Blackpool Grand Theatre (Arts & Entertainments) Ltd
Reg. in England and Wales No 2825229, Reg. Charity No. 1022754