What is the Blackpool Grand Access Register?
We want to make visiting Blackpool Grand as easy and comfortable as we can for our customers with access needs. Joining Blackpool Grand Access Register will help us as a theatre and our staff deliver the best possible experience for you.
What are the benefits of joining the Access Register?
- Direct online booking: Registering allows you to book wheelchair seats, Captioned, BSL, Audio Described and Relaxed performances online.
- Registering helps us to process your bookings quickly and easily; you only need to provide details of your requirements once, rather than every time you book.
- Personal Assistant Tickets: If you need someone to accompany you, registering allows you to book a Personal Assistant ticket for theatre shows at no charge.
It’s that easy, you don’t even need to remember a card or a customer number.
So how do I register?
- Download and complete the Access Register Form, supply the required supporting documents and return it to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or post: Blackpool Grand Theatre, Access Register – Box Office, 33 Church Street, Blackpool, Lancashire FY1 1HT.
Look around Blackpool Grand Theatre with our 3D VR tour.
Here you will find the Blackpool Grand Accessibility Policy (coming soon).
Need to know how to find us? The Grand Theatre is in the seaside resort of Blackpool on the Lancashire coast in the North West of England.
The Grand Theatre,
33 Church Street,
Blackpool, Lancashire FY1 1HT
Nearest Car Park
West Street Car Park
West Street, Blackpool, FY1 1HA
Spaces for wheelchair users are available in the mid-rear of the Stalls all with additional personal assistant seats. Access is via the foyer entrance via a platform lift, staff will be happy to assist you. Wheelchair access is not available in the Dress Circle, Upper Circle or Gallery...
These display the full text of the play on a screen as the actors speak the words. Seats with the best view of the screen are reserved for people with hearing impairments, so please book early and ask for these seats.
Assistance dogs may be taken into the theatre – please tell us when booking, to ensure your seat has enough space. If you prefer, you may leave your dog with a member of the cloakroom staff during the performance.
Audio-described performances and amplified sound
Headsets are available from the sales kiosk outside the Stalls Right entrance to the theatre. For more access information, please visit our Accessibility section.
For our occasional BSL-signed performances. Stalls seats close to the signer are reserved for people with hearing impairments. Please book early and ask for these seats.
We want to make visiting Blackpool’s Grand Theatre as easy and comfortable as we can for our customers with accessible needs, joining The Grand Access Register will help us as a theatre and our staff deliver the best possible experience for you.